Re: [HACKERS] Speedup twophase transactions

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Speedup twophase transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 03:47:34PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2016-12-17 15:30:08 -0800, David Fetter wrote:

> > > It must have been stripped by our email system.  You were a direct
> > > CC so you received it.
> >
> > I was neither, and I received it, so I don't thing PostgreSQL's email
> > system stripped it.  It's pretty mystifying, though.
>
> The mime construction in the email is weird. The attachement is below a
> multipart/alternative and multipart/mixed, besides the text/html version
> of the plain text email.  Because the attachement is below the
> multipart/alternative (i.e. the switch between plain text / html), it'll
> not be considered a proper attachement by many mail readers.
>
> It seems quite borked to put an attachement there - weird that apple
> mail does so.

Oh, I now see the attachment _is_ in the original email, it is just that
mutt doesn't show it.  Here is the heirarchy of the email as shown by
mutt:

  I     1 <no description>
[multipa/alternativ,7bit, 27K]

  I     2 ├─><no description>
[text/plain,quoted, us-ascii, 0.8K]

  I     3 └─><no description>
[multipa/mixed,7bit, 26K]

  I     4   ├─><no description>
[text/html,quoted, us-ascii, 5.4K]

  A     5   ├─>twophase_recovery_list.diff
[applica/octet-stre,7bit, 20K]

  I     6   └─><no description>
[text/html,7bit, us-ascii, 0.4K]

As Andres already stated, the problem is that there is a text/plain and
text/html of the same email, and the diff is _inside_ the multipa/mixed
HTML block.  I think it needs to be outside on its own.