Re: [BUGS] BUG #14468: One byte buffer overlow inquote_literal_cstr()

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14468: One byte buffer overlow inquote_literal_cstr()
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
hlinnaka@iki.fi wrote:

> Looking at quote_literal_cstr(), it simply doesn't take into account the
> space needed for the NULL terminator, when it allocates the buffer. The fix
> is a straightforward + 1 to the allocation. I'll go and do that shortly, and
> backpatch.

Hm, that's a bit confusing.  I thought the +3 included the terminator,
but what it's actually for is the optional starting E; and the reason
quote_literal doesn't need similar patching it is that there is no
terminator 'cause it produces varlena.  I would think this deserves a
comment ...