Re: Test "tablespace" fails during `make installcheck` on master-replica setup

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Test "tablespace" fails during `make installcheck` on master-replica setup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 03:42:53PM +0300, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
> > In the same host, primary and standby will try to use the tablespace
> > in the same path. That's the origin of this breakage.
>
> Sorry, I don't follow. Don't master and replica use different
> directories to store _all_ data? Particularly in my case:
>
> ```
> $ find path/to/postgresql-install/ -type d -name pg_tblspc
> /home/eax/work/postgrespro/postgresql-install/data-slave/pg_tblspc
> /home/eax/work/postgrespro/postgresql-install/data-master/pg_tblspc
> ```
>
> Where exactly a collision happens?

At the location of the tablespaces, pg_tblspc just stores symlinks to
the place data is stored, and both point to the same path, the same path
being stream to the standby when replaying the create tablespace record.
--
Michael