Re: Compiler warnings

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Compiler warnings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
All,

* Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
> Not sure if anyone else has been seeing these, but I'm getting a bit
> tired of them.  Neither is a live bug, but they also seem pretty simple
> to fix.  The attached patch makes both of these warnings go away.  At
> least for my common build, these are the only warnings that are thrown.
>
> I'm building with:
>
> gcc (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4) 5.4.0 20160609
>
> .../src/backend/storage/lmgr/lwlock.c: In function ‘LWLockRelease’:
> .../src/backend/storage/lmgr/lwlock.c:1802:5: warning: ‘mode’ may be used uninitialized in this function
[-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
>   if (mode == LW_EXCLUSIVE)
>      ^
> .../src/backend/utils/cache/plancache.c: In function ‘GetCachedPlan’:
> .../src/backend/utils/cache/plancache.c:1232:9: warning: ‘plan’ may be used uninitialized in this function
[-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
>   return plan;
>          ^

Given the lack of screaming, I'll push the attached in a bit, which just
initializes the two variables being complained about.  As mentioned,
there doesn't appear to be any live bugs here, this is just to silence
the compiler warnings.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: WIP: Faster Expression Processing and Tuple Deforming (including JIT)
Сообщение: Re: WIP: Faster Expression Processing and Tuple Deforming (including JIT)