Re: WIP: Faster Expression Processing and Tuple Deforming (including JIT)

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: WIP: Faster Expression Processing and Tuple Deforming (including JIT)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2016-12-06 15:13:21 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> Presumably this is going to need to be something that a user can get
> via yum install <blah> or apt-get install <blah> on common systems.

Right. apt-get install llvm-dev (or llvm-3.9-dev or such if you want to
install a specific version), does the trick here.

It's a bit easier to develop with a hand compiled version, because then
LLVM adds a bootloads of asserts to its IR builder, which catches a fair
amount of mistakes. Nothing you'd run in production though (just like
you don't use a cassert build...).

> I wonder how feasible it would be to make this a run-time dependency
> rather than a compile option.  That's probably overcomplicating
> things, but...

I don't think that's feasible at all unfortunately - the compiler IR
(which then is JITed by LLVM) is generated via another C API.  We could
rebuild that one, but that'd be a lot of work.

Andres

Сообщение: Re: WIP: Faster Expression Processing and Tuple Deforming (including JIT)
Сообщение: Re: WIP: Faster Expression Processing and Tuple Deforming (including JIT)