pg_logical_slot_get_changes needs clarification

От finzelj@gmail.com
Тема pg_logical_slot_get_changes needs clarification
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/functions-admin.html

It is not obvious from reading the description for function
pg_logical_slot_get_changes that it is a "destructive" function, and this
bit me.  I was not clearly aware that this function consumes the replication
stream such that it's no longer available if I use it to look at the logical
stream, i.e., I MUST use the peek function for that purpose.

This is more clear in the full examples of logical decoding.  Also, it says
in the "peek" function that
the peek function does not consume changes like the get function - but that
should be stated clearly in the get function description.

The name of the function itself is part of the problem: "get" does not
normally indicate "destroy" as well....

Thanks!
BecauseThere should b