Re: DECLARE STATEMENT setting up a connection in ECPG

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: DECLARE STATEMENT setting up a connection in ECPG
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> [System Design Plan]
> To support above functionality, ecpg precompiler should support:
>  - To understand the DECLARE STATEMENT syntax

Already does, albeit as a noop.

>  - Translate the DECLARE STATEMENT into a new function with parameters.
>    These parameters carry the information like connection_name and statement_name.
>  - The function is a new function defined in the ECPG library.

Why's that? I haven't checked if the standard says anything about this and my
memory might be wrong, but isn't "DECLARE STATEMENT" supposed to be purely
declarative, i.e. not executed at run time?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Meskes at (Debian|Postgresql) dot Org