Re: The consequenses of interrupted vacuum

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: The consequenses of interrupted vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 10:44:03 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > I'm asking for cases of large tables where autovacuum frequently gets
> > interrupted. I'm trying to understand if the partial runs are at least
> > making _some_ progress so the next vacuum has less to do, or if this is
> > a serious problem that I need to fiddle with tuning to fix.
>
> It's probably making some progress but not much.  You need to fix that.

Thanks for the feedback. The good news is that grepping through recent logs,
I'm not seeing the problem any more. So I must have just noticed it on a
particularly problematic day last time I looked.

--
Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>