Re: Fun fact about autovacuum and orphan temp tables

От Constantin S. Pan
Тема Re: Fun fact about autovacuum and orphan temp tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 21 Oct 2016 14:29:24 +0900
Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's invasive. I am wondering if a cleaner approach here would be a
> flag in deleteOneObject() that performs the lock cleanup, as that's
> what you are trying to solve here.

The problem occurs earlier, at the findDependentObjects step. All the
objects inside the namespace are being locked before any of them gets
deleted, which leads to the "too many locks" condition.

Cheers,
Constantin Pan