Re: SELECT FOR UPDATE regression in 9.5

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: SELECT FOR UPDATE regression in 9.5
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Magnus wrote:
> I ran the web application mentioned in Marti's original mail on a patched
> Postgres server. It looks like it is working correctly now, no more test
> failures.

Thanks for the confirmation.  I pushed the fix, along with the presented
test case.

I chose to backpatch all the way back to 9.3.  While I couldn't find a
way to reproduce the misbehavior in 9.3/9.4, even with my alternative
proposed fix for bug #8470, it seems safer to get the fix everywhere
just in case there is a chance that this can be reproduced with multiple
sessions somehow.