Re: Suggestions for first contribution?

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: Suggestions for first contribution?
Дата
Re: Suggestions for first contribution?  (Aleksander Alekseev <a.alekseev@postgrespro.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello, Christian

> Can anyone suggest a project for my first PG contribution?

In my experience good starting points are:

* Doing code review. It's really important for PostgreSQL project. Everyone likes to write code, no one likes to read
ortest it :)

* Finding typos, there are a lot of them.
* Fixing bottlenecks. Tricky part here is to find one. Could be difficult unless you are working for a company with
manyclients or maintain a project that uses PostgreSQL.

Also please note that such activity as answering questions on IRC or in
pgsql-general@, highlighting project news in your blog, writing articles
(or maybe even a book) about PostgreSQL internals, organizing local user
group, etc - all of this are very significant contributions.

Good luck!

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev