Re: What limits Postgres performance when the whole database lives in cache?

От 'Bruce Momjian'
Тема Re: What limits Postgres performance when the whole database lives in cache?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Sep  3, 2016 at 10:45:47AM +1000, dandl wrote:
> > Agreed. Stonebraker measured Shore DBMS, which is an academic
> > database:
> >
> >     http://research.cs.wisc.edu/shore/
> >
> > If he had measured a production-quality database that had been
> > optimized like Postgres, I would take more stock of his "overhead"
> > numbers.
>
> Exactly! And that's what I'm asking: has anyone done or know of any figures for Postgres, to set against these?

Uh, well, there are Postgres tools that measure the overhead of locking
on queries and stuff.  I don't know any numbers myself.

Сообщение: Re: What limits Postgres performance when the whole database lives in cache?
Сообщение: Re: What limits Postgres performance when the whole database lives in cache?