Re: Clustered index to preserve data locality in a multitenant application?

От Kenneth Marshall
Тема Re: Clustered index to preserve data locality in a multitenant application?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 05:23:50PM +0200, Nicolas Grilly wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 8:17 PM, Kenneth Marshall <ktm@rice.edu> wrote:
>
> > We have been using the extension pg_repack to keep a table groomed into
> > cluster order. With an appropriate FILLFACTOR to keep updates on the same
> > page, it works well. The issue is that it needs space to rebuild the new
> > index/table. If you have that, it works well.
> >

> Interesting!
> Do you run pg_repack on a regular schedule using something like cron, or
> does it run automatically in the background?
> Is it compatible with PostgreSQL 9.6?

Hi,

We just run it via cron. In our case, we run it once a day, but depending on
your churn, it could be run once a week or more.

Regards,
Ken

Сообщение: Re: Clustered index to preserve data locality in a multitenant application?
Сообщение: Re: Clustered index to preserve data locality in a multitenant application?