Re: DRAFT 9.6 release

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: DRAFT 9.6 release
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 09:41:59AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 08/29/2016 06:24 PM, Amit Langote wrote:
> > On 2016/08/30 8:00, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >> Folks,
> >>
> >> Here is a preliminary draft of a 9.6 release announcement.
> >>
> >> Please comment, suggest, edit, make comments on the wiki, whatever.
> >>
> >> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/96releasedraft
> >
> > In the section on scale out, I see quorum commit mentioned but it's not
> > part of what's offered in 9.6.  The quorum part is still being worked on:
> > https://commitfest.postgresql.org/10/696/
>
> Oh, figures the one feature I haven't tested would be the one which
> isn't right.  So what DID get added to 9.6?  Is it still a significant
> feature?

We did this (from the 9.6 release notes):

        Allow synchronous replication to support multiple simultaneous
        synchronous standby servers, not just one (Masahiko Sawada,
        Beena Emerson, Michael Paquier, Fujii Masao, Kyotaro Horiguchi)

        The number of standby servers that must acknowledge a commit
        before it is considered complete is now configurable as part of
        the synchronous_standby_names parameter.

You can see the details here, e.g. "3 (s1, s2, s3, s4)"

    https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/runtime-config-replication.html#GUC-SYNCHRONOUS-STANDBY-NAMES