Re: BUG #14304: WAL files pg_upgrade

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #14304: WAL files pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 03:41:41PM +0000, furlongs@osti.gov wrote:

> Bug reference:      14304
> Logged by:          Shane Furlong
> Email address:      furlongs@osti.gov
> PostgreSQL version: 9.4.9
> Operating system:   centOS
>
> My shop is running PostgreSQL 9.0 and pg_upgrading to 9.4.
>
> Currently WAL files are saved in a location /pgsql/archive.
>
> New WAL files will be stored in location /pgsql/archive94.
>
> My question is how does pg_upgrade handle WAL files.  It looks like to me
> that pg_upgrade only addresses the data directory and not the archive
> directory.
>
> Is it necessary to flush all 9.0 WAL files prior to running pg_upgrade?  Or
> would one just copy the WAL files from the previous location to the new
> location?
>
> Any help or direction you can supply would be greatly appreciated.

pg_upgrade does _nothing_ with WAL.  It does not copy it from the old
cluster to the new cluster, nor does it interact with the archive
directory.

I do recommend you use a _different_ directory to store the WAL after
the ugprade so the WAL file names don't conflict --- seems you are
already doing that.  :-)

Сообщение: Re: BUG #14302: SQL with LIMIT degrades performance seriously
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14302: SQL with LIMIT degrades performance seriously