Re: libpq5 erroneously updated to 9.6 version

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: libpq5 erroneously updated to 9.6 version
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: To PostgreSQL in Debian 2016-05-12 <20160512203436.GA15534@msg.df7cb.de>
> Hi,
>
> I'm afraid there was a mistake in today's 9.6 upload. Unfortunately,
> libpq5 and the other lib* packages built from the postgresql-9.6 beta1
> source are at the moment shipped in the "main" component of the
> repository in all supported distributions except sid-pgdg. The correct
> version for the lib* packages would be 9.5, the most recent stable
> version.
>
> The reason for this was that the repository did not support the "9.6"
> components for storing these packages yet. The repository software
> then rerouted the upload to the "main" component.
>
> The problem has been fixed and pushed to the machines mirroring
> apt.postgresql.org.
>
> The list of affected packages is:
> libecpg-compat3 libecpg-dev libecpg6 libpgtypes3 libpq-dev libpq5
>
> Apologies to anyone who has already updated their system. :(
> No serious harm should be done for users of libpq5 as it is backwards
> compatible. There might be issues for users of the -dev packages when
> trying to link against libpq and/or PostgreSQL server headers. We
> recommend downgrading to the 9.5 version in case of problems. (The 9.6
> series of packages *will* be pushed to all distributions once 9.6.0 is
> released, so affected systems will be automatically be back to normal
> once that happens later this year.)
>
> I realize that is already the second time this mistake has happened,
> so this definitely calls for adding more sanity checks to the
> repository handling scripts. I will report on this once it is
> implemented.

With postgresql-10 packages lurking just around the corner, I've now
implemented such a sanity check. It will be run as part of all
relevant repository operations.

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgapt.git;a=commitdiff;h=37f939145de663e6542c7b1c78b546244244c6e7

Christoph