Re: UTF-8 docs

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: UTF-8 docs
Дата
Re: UTF-8 docs  (Ioseph Kim <pgsql-kr@postgresql.kr>)
Список pgsql-docs
From: Alexander Law <exclusion@gmail.com>
Subject: UTF-8 docs
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 16:36:14 +0300

> Hello,
> I've just seen a discussion about docs endoding in pgsql-hackers.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20160822.141645.655870136709055853.t-ishii%40sraoss.co.jp
> Can we continue the discussion in this mailing list?
> We (at Postgres Pro) have developed the whole build chain (with
> support for l10n) so we can just share it.

I have been just subscribed to the pgsql-docs list.
Here is the last conversation with Peter at pgsql-hackers.

> On 8/22/16 9:32 AM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> I don't know what kind of problem you are seeing with encoding
>> handling, but at least UTF-8 is working for Japanese, French and
>> Russian.
>
> Those translations are using DocBook XML.

But in the mean time I can create UTF-8 HTML files like this:

make html
[snip]
/bin/mkdir -p html
SP_CHARSET_FIXED=1 SP_ENCODING=UTF-8 openjade  -wall -wno-unused-param -wno-empty -wfully-tagged -D . -D . -c
/usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/dsssl/modular/catalog-d stylesheet.dsl -t sgml -i output-html -i include-index
postgres.sgml

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii