Re: WIP: About CMake v2

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: WIP: About CMake v2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> On 08/18/2016 09:30 PM, Christian Convey wrote:

> > Yury: Would it make sense to add a call to "cmake_minimum_required" in
> > one or more of your CMakeLists.txt files?
>
> it would make sense nevertheless but I dont think that 2.8.11 is old
> enough - looking at the release information and the feature compatibily
> matrix it would seems we should more aim at something like 2.8.0 or 2.8.3...

Last year I checked versions installable in Debian:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20150829213631.GI2912@alvherre.pgsql
From that I would say that the maximum minimum is 2.8.2.  Not sure if
there's any platform where 2.8.0 (released in 2009) or older would be
necessary.

For the record, IIRC the oldest Perl we support is something like 5.8.3
(released in 2004, bugfix release after 5.8.0 released in 2002)