Re: regression test for extended query protocol

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: regression test for extended query protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 12:21 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > If somebody had some spare time to devote to this, I would suggest to
> > implement something in core that can be used to specify a list of
> > commands to run, and a list of files-to-be-saved-in-bf-log emitted by
> > each command.  We could have one such base file in the core repo that
> > specifies some tests to run (such as "make -C src/test/recovery check"),
> > and an additional file can be given by buildfarm animals to run custom
> > tests, without having to write BF modules for each thing.  With that,
> > pgsql committers could simply add a new test to be run by all buildfarm
> > animals by adding it to the list in core.
>
> Do you think about using a special makefile target to run those
> commands, say in src/test? At the end we are going to need to patch
> the buildfarm client code at least once, at least that would be worth
> it in the long term..

Sure.  Some time ago I proposed something like a JSON file, something
like

test_foo => { "command" : "make -C src/test/blah check", "save_output" : [ "src/test/blah/server.log",
"src/test/blah/regress*.log"]

}

as I recall, Andrew said that he didn't like JSON very much but that the
idea made sense to him.