Re: BUG #14267: ecpg bug causes hanging for certain data types

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: BUG #14267: ecpg bug causes hanging for certain data types
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 07:30:42PM +0000, nilesoien@gmail.com wrote:
> We have a program that compiles with ecpg that seemed to hang until we
> changed the type of a variable from "unsigned long long" to be simply "long
> long int".

Thanks for finding this.

> We think we've tracked this down somewhat.
>
> It appears that there might be a defect in the guard statement that appears
> on lines 377 and 378 of data.c (in the ECPG C preprocessor in PG version

And more thanks for tracking it down. I have no idea why this ages old code is
still in there. Apparently not many people use unsigned long long. Anyway, a
fix will be pushed as soon as I'm online again.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Meskes at (Debian|Postgresql) dot Org