Re: Allowing multiple versions of PG under NetBSD

От D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Тема Re: Allowing multiple versions of PG under NetBSD
Дата
Re: Allowing multiple versions of PG under NetBSD  (Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 15:09:59 -0500
Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> wrote:
> >> version to the bare version of the binary name.  Example:
> >>  - psql.8.3
> >>  - psql.9.1
> >>  - psql.9.3
> >>  - psql ==> psql.9.3
> >>
> >> Other than linking to the correct library can you think of any
> >> other issues with this?
> >
> > Data Directory naming, as well as keeping the init-scripts straight.
> >
> And who gets 5432, and Unix socket naming, it starts to get messy.....

I assume that anyone running multiple versions knows how to specify all
that stuff when initializing and starting the different servers.

From the comments I saw it looked to me like other systems (Linux?) had
already solved this problem.  Was I wrong?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.