Re: BUG #14239: Array of array type reporting

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #14239: Array of array type reporting
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Jul  9, 2016 at 03:03:34PM -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 7/9/16 12:57 PM, yrashk@gmail.com wrote:
> >Is there any reason why schedule text[][] is reported as text[]?
>
> There is no such thing as text[][].  I'm not sure why it's accepted (perhaps
> backward compatibility), but PostgreSQL only supports one level of
> array-ness, which can, however, be multidimensional.
>
> So this is nothing to worry about.

Yeah, arrays basically don't store any supplied dimmensions:

    test=> CREATE TABLE test(x TEXT[3]);
    CREATE TABLE

    test=> \d test
         Table "public.test"
     Column |  Type  | Modifiers
     x      | text[] |

                  ^^

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14236: pg_upgrade failed
От: kh2@araxis.com
Сообщение: BUG #14269: Postgres JDBC driver should be able to connect using protocol version 2 to server versions 9.5+