Re: pg_upgrade: exit_hook_registered variable

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: pg_upgrade: exit_hook_registered variable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 28 Jul 2016 10:58:24 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in <4782.1469717904@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> >> I noticed that exit_hook_registered variable in start_postmaster() is
> >> local variable. Shouldn't it be a static variable?
>
> > Good catch! It is totally useless unless being static.
>
> Indeed.
>
> > But I think it is not necessary to go outside
> > start_postmaster. Just being static staying in start_postmaster
> > is enough.
>
> I agree, since there's no need for any other function to touch it.
> But personally I'd want to visually separate the static variable
> from the non-static ones.  So maybe like this:

It looks better indeed.

> {
>     char        cmd[MAXPGPATH * 4 + 1000];
>     PGconn       *conn;
> -    bool        exit_hook_registered = false;
>     bool        pg_ctl_return = false;
>     char        socket_string[MAXPGPATH + 200];
> +
> +    static bool    exit_hook_registered = false;
>
>     if (!exit_hook_registered)
>     {
>

> Will push it in a bit.

Thanks.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: old_snapshot_threshold allows heap:toast disagreement
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Why we lost Uber as a user