Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL

От D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Тема Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 19:32:39 +0300
Alex Ignatov <a.ignatov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> On 28.07.2016 18:41, Igor Neyman wrote:
> > "Compactable" or not,  in "Oracle world" no DBA in their right mind
> > will attempt major upgrade without having complete (and tested)
> > backup that could be used in case of upgrade going wrong.
>
>   Oh, so in contrast to "Oracle world"  "Postgres world" DBA in their
> right to do major upgrade without complete and tested backup?
> Ok,  I understand you. In Postgres world there always sky is blue and
> sun is shining.

Yikes!  Where did you read that?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.

От: Francisco Olarte
Сообщение: Re: WAL directory size calculation
От: Keith Fiske
Сообщение: Using timestamp(tz) in C functions