Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Patrick B wrote:

> > I think it's safe to say that that has absolutely nothing to do
> > with the size being 3TB.  They symptoms you report are a little
> > thin to diagnose the actual cause.
>
> might be... we're using SATA disks... and that's a big problem. But still..
> the size of the DB is indeed a problem.

Andrew is correct -- the size of the database is not a limitation for
pg_upgrade.  Disk tech is not relevant either.  You may run into the
problem that you don't have enough disk space, but then that is not a
database or pg_upgrade problem, is it?

Other things might cause issues, but since you haven't actually reported
the problem, we don't know what is or whether there is any possible fix.

Then again, if you want to report a pg_upgrade failure, I suggest you
open a thread of your own rather than hijack this one.