Re: Re: GiST optimizing memmoves in gistplacetopage for fixed-size updates [PoC]

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Re: GiST optimizing memmoves in gistplacetopage for fixed-size updates [PoC]
Дата
Re: Re: GiST optimizing memmoves in gistplacetopage for fixed-size updates [PoC]  (Andrew Borodin <borodin@octonica.com>)
Re: Re: GiST optimizing memmoves in gistplacetopage for fixed-size updates [PoC]  (Andrew Borodin <borodin@octonica.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Borodin wrote:
> >If a feature changes the shape of WAL records, XLOG_PAGE_MAGIC is bumped to prevent any problems.
> I've attached patch with a bump, but, obviously, it'll be irrelevant
> after any other commit changing WAL shape.
>
> Here is a patch with updated GiST README.
> I haven't found apropriate place to describe PageIndexTupleOverwrite
> function in docs, since all it's siblings are described only in the
> code.
> Code comments describing this function are coherent with others
> (PageAddItem, PageIndexTupleDelete).

Can you please patch BRIN to use this new function too?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Re: GiST optimizing memmoves in gistplacetopage for fixed-size updates [PoC]