Re: High Availability

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: High Availability
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 07/20/2016 11:53 AM, dangal wrote:
>>
>> Dear , I have a question for them , in our work we have an environment
>> with
>> streaming replication and everything works in the best way , we are
>> trying
>> to implement high availability and for that we try to use pgpool and
>> we
>> could not get it to work with md5 authentication
>
> The errors/problems where?
>
>> The area of systems my company consulted us that we viability of using
>> DRBD
>> The truth is that looking at your site only see old references to that
>> product , without being pgpool recommending us to make high
>> availability?
>
> With out more information this is throwing darts at a board, so:
>
> What version(s) of Postgres?
>
> What version(s) of pgpool?
>
> What is your setup, number of masters/slaves and layout?
>
> What is your definition of high availability?

Also the original poster might want to take a look at FAQ:

http://pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/FAQ

Especially this:

http://pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/FAQ#I_created_pool_hba.conf_and_pool_passwd_to_enable_md5_authentication_through_pgpool-II_but_it_does_not_work._Why.3F

and this:

http://pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/FAQ#md5_authentication_does_not_work._Please_help

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: upsert with trigger (or rule)
От: Chris Travers
Сообщение: Re: unique constraint with several null values