Re: MediaWiki + PostgreSQL is not ready for production?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: MediaWiki + PostgreSQL is not ready for production?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 12:55:09PM +0300, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:

> It seems we have made already a verdict about mysql's code migrated to
> PostgreSQL being slow

Experience with designed-for-MySQL code that is modified to go through
a so-called abstraction layer suggests that it will be.  There are
severaal anti-patterns in database use and access that are ubiquitous
under MySQL because of early limitations in MySQL.  Those uses are
often optimised away in MySQL.  Nevertheless,

> we accept it, it is far more productive having one dedicated small project
> for this mysql2pgsql conversion rather than N dedicated small teams for
> every mysql client out there.

…I don't think anyone is telling you, "Don't build this."  You should
do what you like with your time :)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca