Re: Reviewing freeze map code

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Reviewing freeze map code
Дата
Re: Reviewing freeze map code  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2016-07-16 10:45:26 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:

> On July 16, 2016 8:49:06 AM PDT, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> +1 for going in this way.  This will keep us consistent with how
> >clear
> >> the visibility info in other places like heap_xlog_update().
> >
> >Yeah.  We've already forced a catversion bump for beta3, and I'm about
> >to go fix PG_CONTROL_VERSION as well, so there's basically no downside
> >to doing an xlog version bump as well.  At least, not if you can get it
> >in before Monday.
>
> OK, Cool. Will do it later today.

Took till today. Attached is a rather heavily revised version of
Sawada-san's patch. Most notably the recovery routines take care to
reset the vm in all cases, we don't perform visibilitymap_get_status
from inside a critical section anymore, and
heap_lock_updated_tuple_rec() also resets the vm (although I'm not
entirely sure that can practically be hit).

I'm doing some more testing, and Robert said he could take a quick look
at the patch. If somebody else... Will push sometime after dinner.

Regards,

Andres

Вложения