Re: asynchronous and vectorized execution

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: asynchronous and vectorized execution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I forgot to mention.

At Tue, 12 Jul 2016 11:04:17 +0900 (Tokyo Standard Time), Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote in
<20160712.110417.145469826.horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp>

in<20160711.190722.145849861.horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp>

> > Anyway I need some time to cool down..
>
> I recalled that I put Makefile.custom that contains
> CFLAGS="-O0". Removing that gave me a sainer result.

Different from the previous measurements, the remote side in
these measurements is unpatched-O2 postgres, so the differences
are made only by the local-side changes.

> patched- -O2
>
> table   10-average(ms)  stddev  runtime-diff from unpatched(%)
> t0       441.78         0.32         3.4
> pl       201.77         0.32        13.6
> pf0     6619.22        18.99       -19.7
> pf1     1800.72        32.72       -78.0
> ---
> unpatched- -O2
>
> t0       427.21         0.42
> pl       177.54         0.25
> pf0     8250.42        23.29
> pf1     8206.02        12.91
>
> ==========
>
>   3% slower for local 1*seqscan (2-parallel)
>  14% slower for append-4*seqscan (no-prallel)
>  19% faster for append-4*foreignscan (all scans on one connection)
>  78% faster for append-4*foreignscan (scans have dedicate connection)
>
> ExecProcNode might be able to be optimized a bit.
> ExecAppend seems to need some fix.
>
> Addition to the aboves, I will try reentrant ExecAsyncWaitForNode
> or something.

regards,
--
Kyotaro Horiguchi