Re: primary_conninfo missing from pg_stat_wal_receiver

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: primary_conninfo missing from pg_stat_wal_receiver
Дата
Re: primary_conninfo missing from pg_stat_wal_receiver
Список pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 10:12 PM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 9:41 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> > <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> >> For the conninfo only, or for everything?
> >
> > All of them. If this connstr is not ready for display, the WAL
> > receiver does not have a proper connection yet, so there is nothing
> > worth showing anyway to the user.
>
> +1

slotname seems worth showing.  And if this process just started after
some other process was already receiving, then the LSN fields surely can
have useful data too.

Also, actually, I see no reason for the conninfo to be shown differently
regardless of a connection being already established.  If we show the
conninfo that the server is trying to use, it might be easier to
diagnose a problem.  In short, I think this is all misconceived (mea
culpa) and that we should have two conninfo members in that struct as
initially proposed, one obfuscated and the other not.