Re: initdb issue on 64-bit Windows - (Was: [pgsql-packagers] PG 9.6beta2 tarballs are ready)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: initdb issue on 64-bit Windows - (Was: [pgsql-packagers] PG 9.6beta2 tarballs are ready)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 30 June 2016 at 07:21, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> > Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> >
> > > Uh, isn't that what woodlouse is using?
> >
> > Well, it wasn't reporting this crash, so there's *something* different.

> It may only affect the i386 to x86_64 cross compiler. If Woodlouse is using
> native x86_64 compilers perhaps that's why?

Hmm, so what about a pure 32bit build, if such a thing still exists?  If
so and it causes the same crash, perhaps we should have one member for
each VS version running on 32bit x86.

(I note that the coverage of MSVC versions has greatly improved in
recent months.)