Re: DROP EXTENSION

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: DROP EXTENSION
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Michael Paquier wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 1:00 AM,  <mschwan@opentext.com> wrote:
> > > Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/sql-dropextension.html
> > > I dropped an extension in my database with a function dependency.  The
> > > function was dropped (without messages of dependencies) and leaving the
> > > function intact.
> > > The lines "DROP EXTENSION removes extensions from the database. Dropping an
> > > extension causes its component objects to be dropped as well." is not clear.
> > >  It should be stated that by default the dependencies remain intact after
> > > the drop.
> >
> > I am not following here.
>
> I think the use case involves the user creating a function that depends
> on something (probably another function) in the extension.  So you drop
> the extension, which drops the function your own function depends on,
> but your own function remains in place.

Right; mschwan wrote private email to indicate that the function in
question is:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION public.f_unaccent(text)
  RETURNS text AS
$$
  select public.unaccent('public.unaccent', $1)
$$
  LANGUAGE sql IMMUTABLE;

so when the unaccent extension is dropped, this function remains (of
course) but it stops working.