Re: Pg_upgrade and collation

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Pg_upgrade and collation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 06:11:58PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Frankly, pg_upgrade is, by definition, upgrading on the same server, so
> > I don't even see how they could have mismatched collation library
> > versions, but it seemed good to document it.
>
> By this argument, the proposed patch seems pointless to me.
>
> > The larger issue of moving clusters is a separate issue that needs
> > documentation somewhere else.
>
> Sure.

In looking at the docs, it seems it would go in the Backup section
somewhere:

    https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/backup.html

Seems it would apply to both of these backup sections:

    24.2. File System Level Backup
    24.3. Continuous Archiving and Point-in-Time Recovery (PITR)

and also here:

    25.2. Log-Shipping Standby Servers

It seems odd to put it in all of these places, but where can we
centrally put it?