Re: MultiXactId error after upgrade to 9.3.4

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: MultiXactId error after upgrade to 9.3.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Gierth wrote:

>  >> (It can, AFAICT, be inside the currently valid range due to
>  >> wraparound, i.e. without there being a valid pg_multixact entry for
>  >> it, because AFAICT in 9.2, once the mxid is hinted dead it is never
>  >> again either looked up or cleared, so it can sit in the tuple xmax
>  >> forever, even through multiple wraparounds.)
>
>  Alvaro> HeapTupleSatisfiesVacuum removes very old multixacts
>
> It does nothing of the kind; it only marks them HEAP_XMAX_INVALID. The
> actual mxid remains in the tuple xmax field.
>
> The failing mxids in the case I analyzed on -bugs are failing _in spite
> of_ being already hinted HEAP_XMAX_INVALID, because the code path in
> question doesn't check that.

Ah, right.  I had some code to reset HEAP_XMAX_IS_MULTI early on but
somebody didn't like it and we removed it; and we also removed some of
the checks for HEAP_XMAX_INVALID we had, or perhaps didn't extend them
to every place that needed them.  It's not critical now anyway; the
patch I posted (or some variation thereof) should suffice as a fix.