Re: Weird glitches for N messages sent to list simultaneously

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Weird glitches for N messages sent to list simultaneously
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Stephen Frost wrote:

> What it looks like is that, when a message comes in, mj2 does a queue
> run, which will happily process everything in the queue that it sees
> when it starts up, but if messages come in while the queue is being run
> they seem to get missed until the next queue run, which isn't happening
> til the next email arrives.
>
> I've got basically no idea why it isn't immediately re-running the
> queue when it finishes, or why there isn't some other process to kick it
> when there's messages in the queue to be processed..
>
> Looks like Alvaro is taking a look at it also, perhaps he'll have more
> insight into what's happening inside mj2.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I don't actually know what is
happening inside Mj2 because the trace logs are essentially useless.
The theory of the race condition sounds like a good guess.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: