Re: Parallel pg_dump's error reporting doesn't work worth squat

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Parallel pg_dump's error reporting doesn't work worth squat
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Regarding this:

> *************** select_loop(int maxFd, fd_set *workerset
> *** 1092,1104 ****
> --- 1150,1160 ----
>       fd_set        saveSet = *workerset;
>
>   #ifdef WIN32
>       for (;;)
>       {
>           /*
>            * sleep a quarter of a second before checking if we should terminate.
> +          * XXX this certainly looks useless, why not just wait indefinitely?
>            */
>           struct timeval tv = {0, 250000};

There's another select_loop() in vacuumdb.c suggesting that the timeout
is used to check for cancel requests; as I understood while working on
the vacuumdb changes, select() is not interrupted in that case.  I
suppose that means it's necessary here also.  But on the other hand it's
quite possible that the original developer just copied what was in
pg_dump and that it's not actually needed; if that's the case, perhaps
it's better to rip it out from both places.

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20150122174601.GB1663@alvh.no-ip.org