Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Kevin Grittner wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> The primary defense is not considering a cancellation except in 30
> of the 500 places a page is used.  None of those 30 are, as far as
> I can see (upon review in response to your question), used in the
> analyze process.

I think what this means is that vacuum might remove tuples that would
otherwise be visible to analyze's snapshot.  I suppose that's
acceptable.  I wondered if it could cause harm to the size of the
sample, but after looking at acquire_sample_rows briefly I think it'd be
unharmed.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <