Re: 10.0

От David Fetter
Тема Re: 10.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 12:30:47PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> I think you could, though, make an argument that breaking such code
> after beta1 is a bit unfair.  People expect to be able to do
> compatibility testing with a new major version starting with beta1.

One could, but I wouldn't find it terribly persuasive.  As Thom
pointed out, we have actually done this before.

> More generally, rebranding after beta1 sends a very public signal
> that we're a bunch of losers who couldn't make up our minds in a
> timely fashion.  We should have discussed this last month; now I
> think we're stuck with a decision by default.

This, on the other hand, is more persuasive to me.  We now have a much
more public face than we did then.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Сообщение: Re: Lets (not) break all the things. Was: [pgsql-advocacy] 9.6 -> 10.0
Сообщение: Re: Lets (not) break all the things. Was: [pgsql-advocacy] 9.6 -> 10.0