Re: libpq5 erroneously updated to 9.6 version

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: libpq5 erroneously updated to 9.6 version
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: David Steele 2016-05-13 <5735F86C.5070901@pgmasters.net>

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ#I_want_to_try_the_beta_version_of_the_next_PostgreSQL_release:

> >    We ship packages for alpha and beta releases, but like in the previous
> >    FAQ entry, we have only one version of libpq5 in the main archive
> >    component. To use packages of postgresql-9.6, you need to add the 9.6
> >    component to your /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list entry, so the 9.6
> >    version of libpq5 will be available for installation:
> >
> >    deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ jessie-pgdg main 9.6
>
> I'm pretty confused.  The Packages file in the 9.6 repo is empty. Shouldn't
> that have the 9.6 version of libpq5?

It should indeed have :(

I'll see if building an updated postgresql-9.6 package (with some
unrelated copyright tweaks) fixes it.

In the meantime, you can use the jessie-pgdg-testing suite, the
Packages file there is not empty.

Thanks for spotting,
Christoph