Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Disable BLOB test in pg_dump TAP tests

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Disable BLOB test in pg_dump TAP tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Andrew Dunstan (andrew@dunslane.net) wrote:
> TL;DR version: Msys provides a virtualized Unix-like file system
> that is visible to its programs that you use to build, but invisible
> to the programs you build since they are going to run without any
> knowledge of the build environment.  So you can't just put $tmpdir
> from an Msys-aware program into a psql script and expect it to work.
> It won't. Maybe we need to provide a function in our test library to
> convert virtual paths to real paths. (For Unix it would be a NOOP).

I'm pretty confident that I can work around this for the specific test
that was having trouble, but it seems like it'd be nice to have a way to
refer to the actual data and temp directories from psql and friends when
they're run under the TAP test system.

Ideally, there'd be a way to make it transparent, so we don't have to
write the tests to handle this case explicitly, though I'm not sure if
there's an easy way to do that.

Thanks!

Stephen