Re: Reviewing freeze map code

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Reviewing freeze map code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Joshua D. Drake (jd@commandprompt.com) wrote:
> Yeah I thought about that, it is the word "FORCE" that bothers me.
> When you use FORCE there is an assumption that no matter what, it
> plows through (think rm -f). So if we don't use FROZEN, that's cool
> but FORCE doesn't work either.

Isn't that exactly what this FORCE option being contemplated would do
though?  Plow through the entire relation, regardless of what the VM
says is all frozen or not?

Seems like FORCE is a good word for that to me.

Thanks!

Stephen

Сообщение: Re: Reviewing freeze map code
Сообщение: Re: Reviewing freeze map code