Re: SET ROLE and reserved roles

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: SET ROLE and reserved roles
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
> * Robert Haas (robertmhaas@gmail.com) wrote:

> > > It'd be good to test that that works.  If it does, I think we may as
> > > well allow it.

> > > I think you mean that they can't revoke the special magic rights, but
> > > they could revoke any additional privileges which were granted.

> > > That's what I'm thinking.  I would welcome other views.
> >
> > Ping!
>
> Thanks.  I'm planning to post a patch tomorrow to remove these checks.

Apologies about not getting to this yesterday, was pretty busy finding
pre-existing issues in pg_dump.

Attached is a patch which removes the various special checks that I had
added to prevent using default roles like regular roles.  As noted in
the commit message, users are still prevented from creating roles in the
"pg_" namespace and from ALTER'ing those roles, but otherwise they're
very much like regular roles.

I've adjusted the regression tests accordingly, but I'm going to do more
testing to make sure that pg_dump handles them correctly (and will be
adding cases to my pg_dump TAP test suite to ensure that they stay
working) over the next day or so.

Barring objections or concerns, I'll push this sometime tomorrow
(probably after I get back to DC).

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения