Re: atomic pin/unpin causing errors

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: atomic pin/unpin causing errors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Jeff,

On 2016-05-04 14:00:01 -0700, Jeff Janes wrote:
> On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 4:05 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > Hm. I appear to have trouble reproducing this issue (continuing to try)
> > on master as of 8826d8507.  Is there any chance you could package up a
> > data directory after the issue hit?
>
> I'll look into.  I haven't been saving them, as they are very large
> (tens of GB) by the time the errors happen.

Hm. Any chance that's SSH accessible?

What compiler-version & OS are you using, with what exact
CFLAGS/configure input? I'd like to try to replicate the setup as close
as possible; in the hope of just making it locally reproducible.

> In case I can't find a way to transfer that much data, is there
> something I could do in situ to debug it?

Yes. It'd be good to get a look at the borked page/tuple with
pageinspect. That might require some manual search to find the affected
tuple, and possibly the problem is transient.  I was wondering whether
we could just put an Assert() into those error messages, to get a stack
dump. But unfortunately your tooling would likely generate far too many
of those.

Andres