Re: atomic pin/unpin causing errors

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: atomic pin/unpin causing errors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2016-05-04 18:12:45 +0300, Teodor Sigaev wrote:
> > > I get the errors:
> > >
> > > ERROR:  attempted to delete invisible tuple
> > > STATEMENT:  update foo set count=count+1,text_array=$1 where text_array @> $2
> > >
> > > And also:
> > >
> > > ERROR:  unexpected chunk number 1 (expected 2) for toast value
> > > 85223889 in pg_toast_16424
> > > STATEMENT:  update foo set count=count+1 where text_array @> $1
> >
> > Hm. I appear to have trouble reproducing this issue (continuing to try)
> > on master as of 8826d8507.  Is there any chance you could package up a
> > data directory after the issue hit?
>
> I've got
> ERROR:  unexpected chunk number 0 (expected 1) for toast value 10192986 in
> pg_toast_16424
>
> The test required 10 hours to run on my notebook. postgresql was compiled
> with -O0 --enable-debug --enable-cassert.

Interesting. I just ran a test for a good bit longer, till it failed due
to an nearing wraparound. Presumably because the crashes are too
frequent to finish vacuuming.

I did however, because Jeff said he coulnd't reproduce with cassert, use
an optimized build.  Wonder if there's some barrier related issue,
making this dependant on the compiler's exact code generation. That'd
explain why different people can reproduce it in different
circumstances.

Any chance you could package up that data directory for me to download?

Andres