Re: Replying to a pgsql-committers email by CC'ing hackers

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Replying to a pgsql-committers email by CC'ing hackers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 02:49:38PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> > > And Alvaro drowns in the drool of his own sarcasm.
> >
> > I was going to add an apology that this wasn't supposed to be insulting,
> > only funny, but refrained.  There was no offense meant.
>
> I took it as humorous.

Great, thanks.

> I didn't turn on duplicate removal on Majordomo so I could police
> people who cross-posted unnecessarily.  Are you saying I shouldn't
> worry about that and just turn on duplicate removal?

Yeah, I've done that for years.  I notice duplicates by looking at CCs
anyway.  Note that our archives system is perfectly prepared to deal
with messages cross-posted to several mailing lists, as a first-class
feature.  I don't think there's a strong need to police them
specifically.

If consensus is that we should completely forbid cross-posting, we can
talk about that.