Re: conference slides in wiki

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: conference slides in wiki
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 04/28/2016 06:47 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> >Hi Alvaro,
> >
> >>On Apr 27, 2016, at 11:28 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com
> >><mailto:alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:
> >>I think this was ill-conceived.
> >
> >I take slight exception to this as I did research the upload solutions
> >prior:  I looked at the list of conferences with uploads
> >(https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Related_Slides_and_Presentations)
> >and it appeared that each conference was still following suit with
> >uploading the talks here, even after the "cool-off” period was added.
>
> I think what Alvaro is saying is that the influx of talks has created a
> burden for those who approve editing accounts. I think that is a reasonable
> observation.

Yeah, and also for the speakers -- if they're not already set up, they
have to create the account, wait for the one-week cool-off period, then
request editor permissions.  I imagine it must be pretty annoying.

I concur with Oleg and Jon on that having a single slide repo is a huge
asset and we shouldn't lose it.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: conference slides in wiki
Сообщение: Re: conference slides in wiki