Re: BUG #13970: Vacuum hangs on particular table; cannot be terminated - requires `kill -QUIT pid`

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #13970: Vacuum hangs on particular table; cannot be terminated - requires `kill -QUIT pid`
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Brian Ghidinelli wrote:

> Thanks for the follow up Alvaro. I’m no longer on the bugs list so
> don’t know if this will make it through, but I went the route of
> recreating the table and updating all of the foreign key references
> and shared that on Feb 19th.
>
> This seems to have fixed the problem with vacuuming the table however
> it did not update the multixact value which still reads 1. Any idea if
> this will still cause problems in the future?

Well, your use of multixacts appear low so it's normal that it hasn't
moved forward.  That counter is normally only moved forward as vacuum
tries to clean up multixacts that are 5 million old.  Yours are only
~84000 old, so you have a long way to go before the counter is updated.
Your system should be fine.