Re: Re: [HACKERS] BUG #13854: SSPI authentication failure: wrong realm name used

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Re: [HACKERS] BUG #13854: SSPI authentication failure: wrong realm name used
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Christian Ullrich wrote:

> To be honest, I'm not sure what can and cannot be done in auth code. I
> took inspiration from the existing SSPI code and nearly every error
> check in pg_SSPI_recvauth() ends up doing ereport(ERROR) already,
> directly or via pg_SSPI_error(). If this could cause serious trouble,
> someone would have noticed yet.

I think the problem is whether the report is sent to the client or not,
but I may be confusing with something else (COMMERROR reports?).

> What *could* happen, anyway? Can ereport(ERROR) in a backend make the
> postmaster panic badly enough to force a shared memory reset?

Probably not, since it's running in a backend already at that point, not
in postmaster.