Re: BUG #13750: Autovacuum slows down with large numbers of tables. More workers makes it slower.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #13750: Autovacuum slows down with large numbers of tables. More workers makes it slower.
Дата
Re: BUG #13750: Autovacuum slows down with large numbers of tables. More workers makes it slower.  (David Gould <daveg@sonic.net>)
Список pgsql-bugs
David Gould wrote:

> I have some thoughts for a different approach. In short, the stats collector
> actually knows what needs vacuuming because queries that create dead tuples
> tell it. I'm considering have the stats collector maintain a queue of
> vacuum work and that autovacuum request work from the stats collector. When I
> have something more concrete I'll post it on hackers.

Hm, ideally we would have something backpatchable, but this new idea
doesn't sound so to me.  I think that having some variant of the patch
you proposed previously would be better for the stable branches.